Monday, September 16, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Day 16 - Tribal Pattern

Today was always going to be a difficult one. Just like with the flowers a few days ago, I watched too many tribal nail tutorials to remember what they were. They helped a lot though because I had absolutely no idea what to do. I've never wanted to do these nails before and I don't want to do them again to be honest. It was the worst. 

I started with the thumb nail to practice and ended up having to redo it, but that was fair enough because I knew it'd happen at least once. I then moved on to doing all the nails and I was using a striper brush that came with some polish, not one of the striper brushes you get in a pack of ten nail art brushes or whatever. That made it a whole lot easier, even though I was constantly cleaning it to use a different colour, etc. And then I royally messed up the ring finger and refused to redo it, so I painted in a simple pink, one of the colours used on the other nails. In a way, it sort of breaks up the pattern and makes them look simpler.



I guess they aren't completely bad, they look nicer on my nails, from a distance...

Colours used:
White: My Boyfriend Scales Walls - O.P.I
Black: Blackmail - Australis
Yellow: Mellow Yellow - Sally Hansen
Orange: Butterfly - Revlon
Pink: Tulip - Revlon

I think today was the hardest day so far, maybe of the whole challenge so it can only go up from here!

1 comment:

  1. its doesnt look bad at all. you did a nice job. it looks great (:

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx