Tuesday, September 24, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Day 24 - Inspired By A Book (The Fault In Our Stars)

I absolutely love reading so this prompt excited me, but straight away I knew which book I wanted to be replicate on my nails. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green is in my top 5 favourite books ever, I've read it too many times (although too many is never enough) and it never fails to make me happy and excited and miserable all at once. It's lovely, if you haven't read it, I won't spoil it, but I recommend reading it. It is currently being made into a movie starring Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort as the two main characters, so if you're not up for reading it, you can definitely watch it when it's released. I know a lot of people have different views on John Green, but he's one of my favourite authors so I thought I'd honour my favourite book of his.

I used Feeling Blue - Models Own as my base, which matches pretty perfectly with the cover of the book. Then using a dotting tool I made clouds with my go to black and whites My Boyfriend Scales Walls - O.P.I and Blackmail - Australis. Then on the index and pinky fingernails I wrote the word 'okay'. If you've read the book you'll understand, but the story surrounding the word 'okay' is one of my favourite parts and something I love so much. The O's kind of look like D's but it's obvious what I was trying to do haha. I'm really happy with these nails, and I think I'll redo them for when I see the movie.



That's all for today, I'll be here tomorrow with nails inspired by fashion. Only a week left in the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx