Friday, September 27, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Day 27 - Inspired by Artwork

I wasn't too sure what I would do today but then I came across Jackson Pollock artwork and it seemed so obvious that I wondered why I hadn't thought of it before. I based these splatter nails on a particular piece, it's not exact of course but it's similar colours. I wanted to stay away from bright nails and even though these do have orange and yellow in them, the grey and black pulls it all together to lessen the pops of colour a bit. I wondered if I had overdone them a bit, because I kept going back and redoing some of the colours to make them all even-ish. But I don't think you can really over do nails inspired by Jackson Pollock artwork, because his work is so full of colours and layers.

I used colours I've mentioned before, but I list them anyway:
White: My Boyfriend Scales Walls - O.P.I
Black: Blackmail - Australis
Grey: Moody Grey - Models Own
Yellow: Frangipani - Ulta3 
Orange: Sun Kissed - Sally Hansen




(Ahh that hand pose is so awkward but I can't get my thumb in any other position that shows it off.)


This is the particular piece that I based my design on. I do like these nails, I think I like the thumb nail the best because the colours aren't so big on it, compared to the middle fingernail anyway.

Not sure what's coming the next few days, because I only have one of them planned but who knows what I might come up with. Have a lovely weekend, I'll be back tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing -- great recreation! Go Jackson Pollock :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx