Monday, September 09, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Day 9 - Rainbow

Ahh I was so excited by today's prompt but then my original plan failed and I was a bit disappointed, but then  I remembered seeing a few tutorials a while back on watercolour nails so I decided to do that today and oh my god I'm so happy I failed at first because these nails have shot straight up to my favourite design. Just like with the black and white nails, I had never done this design before and I am incredibly happy with them, I also can't understand why I've never done it before.

And just like the black and white nails I did something different on my thumb, the design on my thumb was part of the original design but I wanted to try it out anyway just to see if it would have worked out and I'm also quite pleased with it, it would probably look even better with a certain colour scheme instead of rainbow.

I used quite a few colours for this but I'll list them towards the end.





I also decided to take a photo outside because it seemed brighter but I'm not too sure if it was haha. And I've watermarked my photos with my instagram name. I'm not sure how I feel about the watermark but it's just a precaution and if I didn't start using it now I would eventually anyway.

I used the acetone method for this, I'm not sure if there are other ways to do this, although I have seen plastic wrap being used to press it down but acetone seemed like the easiest way and it was!

Colours used:
Index finger: 
Red: Pillar Box Red - W7
Orange: Sun-kissed - Sally Hansen
Middle finger:
Yellow: Mellow Yellow - Sally Hansen
Green: Green Grass - Rimmel
Ring finger:
Blue: Azure Martini - Savvy by DB
Dark Purple: UFO - Savvy by DB
Pinky finger:
Dark Purple: (same as above)
Lilac: Grapetini - Savvy by DB

The white base was by BYS.

I'm so happy and proud of these nails and once the challenge is over I will definitely be trying this design out with different colours.

Hope everyone's having a good Monday!

1 comment:

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx