Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May BellaBox Review

Before anyone thinks it (if you haven't already upon reading the title), yes, this isn't a nail post and I'm very much only a nail blogger, BUT I love all things beauty as well and I've found myself wanting to blog about that side of things. So welcome to my monthly review of the bellabox. Before I get into the review, let me talk about a few details on these type of posts.

Every month I will be posting a review on that month's bellabox; they'll probably be quite wordy posts as I want to get into the reviewing side of things a lot more than posting a bunch of photos on the products I get. That doesn't mean they won't be enjoyable posts though, I want to share my personal experiences with the products I get and let everyone know what I think of them. So far, these will be the only posts unrelated to nails except for my monthly favourites, but that doesn't mean my blog will be drastically changing anytime soon, believe me, I'm still a little all over the place with my nail posts so if anything was to change, it'd take a while to happen.



Now, onto the actual post! I was very excited to get my first bellabox, which if you don't know is a monthly subscription service that delivers at least five beauty/lifestyle products to your door in a cute little box for you to try out. They're all sample and trial sizes so that you can use them, decide if you love them and buy the full sizes if you'd like!

I absolutely loved the May edition, which had a theme of 'Come Fly With Me' for good travel products and I think it was a good first box to get. 





  1. Appelles Rosemary Body Bar: I absolutely adore this soap. I'm not a huge fan of bar soaps because they don't seem to last that long, but I would happily buy this when it runs out. It smelt lovely and lathered up amazingly. Plus it's all organic, which is always a nice bonus. According to the description, it had dried rosemary in it which I found that when it becomes exposed, it acts as a slight exfoliator. There's nothing to fault with this soap, because ultimately, it's soap and it does a good job.
  2. Chapstick Lip Conditioner: I'm sure everyone knows what chapstick is, so this really doesn't need much explanation. I am glad I got this though because you can never have too many lip balms. 
  3. Timeless Truth Q10 Caviar Nourishing Mask: (the link on the bellabox website wasn't working so I found another) This mask, like it claims, is very nourishing. I think almost too nourishing for my very oily skin, but it was still such a lovely feeling and left my skin super soft and smooth. It's a cloth mask, that stretches to hold behind your ears so that it stays on while you wait the fifteen or so minutes. I didn't have a reaction to the mask, which I thought I might have, so that's definitely a positive. A few days after using this though, my skin did start to clear up after a bad few weeks of slight acne, whether it was this that helped or the new skin routine I've started or the combination of both I don't know, but it is making me consider buying it.
  4. Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner: Oh. My. God. This is one of the best products I have ever used on my hair. Seriously. This is definitely something I would buy, just not yet because it's quite expensive, but I reckon it would be well worth the money. It's super easy to use and because it's a cleansing conditioner, there's no need to use shampoo beforehand which I love the idea of. I did have one fault though, because it's a thick product, it tends to leave that slippery residue on the skin when washed out, which takes a little extra effort to wash off and it's a very small problem, which is mostly just a personal preference to me, but it wouldn't stop me from buying it because it's an easy fixable problem. It's left my hair silky, smooth and less frizzy and I can't stop touching it because it feels that amazing. Oh, it also smells very pleasant, albeit the mint is a little overpowering, much like the chest rub you use when you're sick, but it comes in other scents if you're not a fan of mint smelling things.
  5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel - Clear: This is definitely my favourite product of the whole box. Well done brows are necessary and mine are always done but I've only recently gotten into using brow gel to set them. When I first used this, I realised how good a brow gel can actually be. This product is $39 so it's going to be a very sad day when I finish it because I don't think I can justify spending that much on two rows of hair on my forehead. It's amazing, don't get me wrong, but I think I'll only be using it on special occasions so that it lasts longer and I can truly appreciate how well it sets my eyebrows after using my other product in between.
  6. Invisible Zinc Tinted Daywear SPF30+ - Light: This was the bonus sample and I'm glad it was just that. I really wasn't happy with this one, but I think it's more of a personal preference because I have very oily skin so this just felt heavy and thick on my face. Of course being a tinted zinc there wasn't great coverage and I need medium to full coverage. So the only reason I wasn't happy with this one was because it just doesn't go well with my skin, not because it's a bad product. It just wasn't for me.
There we have it! My first review of a bellabox. I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know in the comments whether you'd like to see a monthly post on this, or even if you don't like it! I'd really love to get some feedback on whether this is something people want to see or not! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx