Thursday, June 26, 2014

June BellaBox Review

It's time for my second bellabox review! This month's box was sent out a little later in the month so I only got it at the start of this week, but I've been testing it out since then and decided it was time to review it!

(I've just realised the position of the box on the magazine makes Sarah Murdoch look gigantic) 

The theme of the June box was Iconic Beauty, think Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn. Personally, I didn't see much of the theme in the item's I got compared to other's but I'm not complaining because I got items that were targeted towards me due to what my beauty profile says on my account, which means these products were more suited to me than the other products were.



This month, everybody got a free copy of the June issue of Instyle Magazine, which usually retails for about $9.95 I believe. I'm not a huge magazine lover (I can't remember the last time I ever bought one) but it was nice to receive a copy and have a browse of it. However, it doesn't make me want to go out and buy the next issue.


  1. Herbal Essences Naked Shine Shampoo & Conditioner (RRP: $6.99 each) - These shampoo and conditioners are quite new in the Herbal Essences range and they're paraben and dye free, which is always a good bonus. I've been a fan of Herbal Essences for a while now and I loved these products. They smelt amazing and left my hair feeling soft and clean and smelling just as amazing as the product. They're very simple and I would buy these for sure as the price is just as good as the product.
  2. Garnier BB Cream Original (Light) (RRP: $13.95) - I have an odd relationship with BB creams and this time was no different. I've tried various BB creams in the past, hoping for a nice light coverage to wear in summer or on lazy makeup days, but I'm yet to find one that I don't wan to throw away. This BB cream in particular was just a massive no straight away. It was in the shade Light, but was so much darker than my skin (I'm very pale but it's impossible to find a match). It was a little greasy as well. Maybe it's because I applied it with my hands (which it says to do), but I was just not loving this and removed it right away. I might give it another shot, but we'll see. Side note: I was sent the full sized product of this which is pretty awesome and very generous.
  3. Indio Clear Moisturiser (RRP $62.00) - I'm having a lot of trouble with my skin lately, and by a lot I mean breaking out horribly in both acne and small rashes, dry patches everywhere as well as my usually oiliness, so I've only used this once. The next day was when my skin gave up on me, but I don't think it was because of the moisturiser (I've been using other new products). It was very nice and easy to apply and soaked into my skin straight away, which did leave it a little tight, but my skin really loved it. From the description of it on the packaging and the website, it sounds like the perfect moisturiser for me as it's "formulated for hormonally stimulated skin issues" and due to an illness that's exactly what my skin is like. I'll definitely try this again when my skin settles a bit more, because even though it might be really good for what I'm going through now, I don't want to overload my skin even more and have it hate me. However, even if I do love it and it works wonders, I highly doubt I'll buy it as it's just way too expensive for me.
  4. Vaseline Ultimate 10 Anti-Ageing Body Lotion (RRP: $7.68) - I haven't tried this sample yet but that's only because I have used this product in the past and still have some left. I don't really know why I have the anti-ageing lotion, but I do like it so I'm happy to have that little bit extra which will be good for travelling.
  5. L'Oreal Base Magique Primer (RRP: $29.95) - I've used this primer once, but I didn't use it all day so I can't vouch for a full day's use, however he application was so lovely and I did notice my foundation went on a lot smoother, especially considering how messed up my skin is currently. It feels velvety smooth and continues to leave your skin feeling that way even after you've removed your makeup. It removes shine and instantly makes your skin matte. I would seriously consider buying this, even despite the cost because I need a good primer and I think this could be it.
  6. Nutrimetics Nutri-Rich Instant Radiance Beauty Balm (RRP: $50.00) - As I've said, my skin isn't doing so great this week, so due to that, I haven't used this sample yet. I might keep it for a while and use it to pamper myself as I doubt I'll buy this unless it's the most amazing thing ever.


A lot of products this month were skin related, actually all but one were, so it was sort of bad timing with my skin playing up and what not. But I'm quite happy with what I got, because as usual I get to try products I would never ever consider buying such as the primer and the Indio Moisturiser. For only $15 I received some pretty awesome products worth well over the price of the box. I always feel a little bit spoiled when my bellabox arrives! Don't forget to sign up for the July edition here if you'd love to get some new products!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx