Saturday, July 12, 2014

Inspired By... #10

Hi everybody! Once again, I found myself on an unexpected blog/nail break. There were a lot of things going on in the past two weeks, my grandparents came to stay, I worked more than normal, I had some health issues and my nail area was moved temporarily, which all caused me to just feel out of place and unable to do my nails. But this weekend I was able to sit down for the first time in ages and do nails that I had been planning to do for a while.

My nails today are inspired by this picture, which I'm currently using as my phone's lock screen, that I found while browsing for pretty backgrounds and such.


My mani of course, isn't an exact replica because I wanted the purple to be brighter and the lime green/yellow to be more of a lime green. I will point out, that the colours on my computer are slightly different to the ones on my phone anyway.



I don't think I've ever done a gradient with four colours, I know I would struggle to do three but I'm quite pleased how it turned out. I realised the trick was the paint thin strips and spread them out by stamping the sponge more. However, it irks me how the green looks so out place compared to how smooth the three other colours merge together. But, oh well!

The colours used from bottom to top:
Jelly - Ulta3
Daiquiri - Savvy
Manic Panic - Australis
Azure Martini - Savvy

I have plans to knock out some more nail art in the next few days between work and such so look out for them and hopefully I don't disappear again! Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx