Monday, July 21, 2014

Inspired By... #11

Hello lovelies! If you follow me on Instagram you would have seen these nails and the inspiration behind them already as I posted about them on Friday and Saturday. But I had to do a full post on them anyway!

I went to a friend's engagement party on the weekend and I wore the dress below. I absolutely love this dress, which my best friend bought me last year for my 21st, and the nail art possibilities to go with it are endless! I didn't even know where to start, however I didn't have a lot of time on Saturday so I went with something very simple: a gradient.
























For the first time in a verrrry long time, I didn't start with a white base. I went straight on with Revlon's Tulip (an amazing shade of pink that's very buildable). I wanted more of a subtle gradient as it appears on the dress so on the bigger, flat side of a triangle sponge I painted a small strip of the pink polish with a slightly bigger strip of My Boyfriend Scales Walls - OPI, a bright white, above it and then I gently sponged it on, making sure to blend the colours from about halfway up the nail. I think I only did one coat of the sponging as I didn't want it to be so strong and bold.



I'm not a massive fan of pink nail polish on myself, even though I buy it so often, but I think with the colour toned down it looks okay against my skin tone.

That's it for today, hope everybody had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx