Friday, July 25, 2014

July BellaBox Review

Hey there everyone, it's time for another bellabox review! This month's theme was American Beauty and just like last month I didn't really see the theme in the products I received, but I guess they were relevant.

I'll start this review of by mentioning flat out that I was disappointed with this month's box. I loved the first one I received, had mixed feelings about the second one (but ultimately liked it) and now, my third box has just left me feeling a bit annoyed.


As you can see from the above photo, I essentially was given three lip products as the bigger Paw Paw cream can be used for lips too. And don't get me wrong I love lip products, I currently have three balms in use (one in my bag, one next to my bed, and one in my make up drawers) and six spare. Six. That's a lot of balms, believe me I know it's a lot and they'll last me a long time. And I know that there's no way bellabox would know I essentially have nine lip balms but it's still a little disappointing to basically receive two of the same product.

However, let's get on to the reviews (please note I haven't tested them all, but you'll read why that is):


  1. Anastasia Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat ($39.00) - I'm not a huge fan of waterproof mascara because I feel like it ruins my eyelashes even if I'm very gentle with removing it. That being said, I haven't used a waterproof mascara in years but I imagine my opinion hasn't changed on them. The Anastasia brand is really good quality, I constantly see beauty bloggers and vloggers raving about their various products. I myself am a huge fan of the clear brow gel I received in my May box. This is a nice addition to my makeup collection and will be useful for summer. I haven't yet tried it out because I don't think I need waterproofing right now, but I've read some pretty good reviews and it sounds promising.
  2. Designer Brands Cosmetics Paw Paw Plus Lips ($4.99) - I might be the only person on Earth who isn't a fan of Paw Paw ointment. I don't know why, but I just never got into it and preferred my Chapstick and Blistex instead. However, I don't hate the product, I'll often borrow my sister's if we're out and I haven't bought any lip balm. So I don't hate it and I don't love it, but this one is just like all the others you'll find, only in a more reasonable lip product size.
  3. Innoxa Mineral Trio Eye Shadow ($14.95) - I've recently been getting more and more into wearing eyeshadow so this is the product I'm probably the most happy about getting. It's a good little trio of wearable, shimmery colours. I swatched the colours quickly and there wasn't a massive amount of pigmentation but I think the white will be a good under eyebrow and inner corner highlight and the brown will be a good outer corner colour. I can't see myself wearing the green as much as I would the white and brown, but who knows, if I can make it work, I'll wear it. I'm happy with this product because I never would have purchased it myself so it's nice to have something a little different. 
  4. Designer Brands Cosmetics Paw Paw Plus Ointment ($4.99) - See number 2 because this is the exact same product to me, just in a bigger size. I might even give this to my sister because I really don't need it.
  5. She Aromatherapy Fruit Gloss Tube ($12.95) - (For some reason this isn't on the bellabox website at all which is weird considering it was in the box) Once again, I find myself annoyed at a product in this box, which isn't bellabox's fault, it's just personal preference to me. I hate tubed lipgloss. I'm more of a matte lipstick kind of girl so this isn't a useful product to me. It does smell great though and goes on smoothly; it's not thick like I find other tube lipglosses to be. But I might give this to my best friend as I just don't want it and she might get more use out of it.
  6. Natralus Pure 100% Aloe Vera Gel ($14.45) - (Bonus gift) This came in a sachet so I haven't tested it yet as I don't want to waste it. But everyone knows how good aloe vera gel is so I'm sure there are no faults to this product. I do actually have aloe vera plants in my backyard so I've never needed to go out and buy aloe vera gel so it'll be good to compare the product to the plant when I do use this one.

Overall, I'm not that pleased with this months box, and it's a bit disappointing because I received this on my birthday so I was really looking forward to some awesome goodies, but I'm very grateful for the time and effort the people behind bellabox put into making them and sending them out, so thank you to them. I'm already looking forward to August's box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx