Saturday, August 30, 2014

August BellaBox Review

Hi there lovelies! It's time for my monthly review of bellabox. I was a teeny bit peeved this month because it felt like I got my box after everyone else did, but I was patient enough to not email them until it had been two weeks since they had first start shipping boxes. But I received it before that so there was no need to worry. Patience pays off.

Anyway, this month's box was well worth the wait I think. I really enjoyed it, especially compared to July's box. The theme for August was Sport. Once again, didn't see much relevance between the products and the theme, but props to the bellabox team for having themes and making it relevant to current seasons and trends, etc.



As the bellabox website is going through some changes currently, I'm not able to link the products to their website, so I've found other links for them if you wanted to check them out further.
  1. Eco Tools Detailed Lip Brush (RRP $8.99) - (The website I linked has it for $3.99) The first (and only negative) thing I'll say about this brush is that it feels quite cheap and I definitely wouldn't pay the $8.99 for it. But it is made with cruelty-free and recycled materials which is a plus in my books. It's the perfect size for my lips as well, being somewhere between soft and firm which feels lovely. I've used a lip brush before but it wasn't firm enough to get crisp lines, so I'm very happy that this one is firm enough to use for lining my lips.
  2. Natralus Natrasan Hand Sanitiser Spray Kakadu Plum & Vanilla (RRP $4.49) - I love, love, love this product! It smells amazing, like Lush bath bombs. It promises not to dry your hands out and it doesn't, which I find a lot of other hand sanitisers do and being a nail blogger that's something I really don't want. It's a very lovely product for such a cheap price and I'm sure I'll purchase this when I run out.
  3. Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream (RRP $14.99) - It should be very obvious that I already love this product, I think almost every girl in the nail art community does. I already have one tin in use and another spare, so this is a cute little addition to the cuticle cream collection I already have.
  4. OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo & Conditioner (RRP $17.99) - There wasn't anything special about this shampoo and conditioner, except that the smell of them bought back memories from when I used to use the leave in treatment from this line. They do a great job of leaving my hair smelling nice though and it did leave my hair a bit smoother than other shampoo and conditioners, but I don't think I'd buy this due to the price and the fact that I love what I use in my hair now so I don't feel the need to replace them.
  5. Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer (RRP $5.95) - I got the colour Pedal to the Medal which is a silver polish. I'm not a fan of metallic polishes, I hate how they look on my nails, but it was nice to get another Color Show polish for my collection. Come on, it's a nail polish, how could I not love getting it? Haha.
  6. Palmer's Cocoa Body Butter (RRP $9.99) - Do I even really need to talk about this one? It was the sample size and I'm sure everyone has tried it at least once. I find it a bit too thick personally but I still love it and think it's a great product.
All in all, it was a great box and I really enjoyed. It was definitely worth the wait. My favourite is the hand sanitiser, I've been using it so much since I got it. I'm already looking forward to next months box! There's not a lot else to say about it, plus I've been trying to write this post for days now so I just wanted to get it posted before the end of the month.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx