Wednesday, September 03, 2014

31DC2014: Day 3 - Yellow

Hi everybody! Today's prompt is yellow and just like with Monday I'm basing these nails off a Marc Jacobs perfume, this one is called Honey. My parents bought this for me while they were on a cruise earlier in the year. It's very similar to the Dot perfume, not in the way it smells, but the design of the bottle.

I started with a base of White On by Sally Hansen as I found the yellow polish I used, Freshly Squeezed by Ulta3, was too thin to look opaque even after a few coats. So on top of the white, I did two coats of yellow and then used a dotting tool for the dots! Very simple and probably a cop out considering it's the yellow version of Monday's mani, but oh well. I was going to do stripes on my ring finger but I didn't have the patience for striping tape. That's why the dots on that nail look a bit funny, because I'd already top coated the nail to make the striping tape process easier but at the last minute I decided not to go with it and proceeded with the dots, forgetting the top coat would still be a bit tacky underneath. Oops.




Tomorrow's prompt is green, so stay tuned for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx