Tuesday, September 22, 2015

31DC2015: Day 22 - Inspired By A Song

I had the idea for today's prompt after I recently got Halsey's album Badlands and have been listening to it almost non-stop since. I really love the song Colors so that's what inspired me today. 

My index and pinky fingers were inspired by the lyrics "everything is blue" and all I did was simply dab a bunch of different shades of blue onto the base of a triangle sponge and then dab that onto my nails to create a slightly ombre, mixed up blue design.

My middle and ring fingers were inspired by the talking part of the song, precisely the following line "you touched me and suddenly I was a lilac sky". I used two purple polishes and a white polish to create the purple ombre representing the lilac sky line. I really love how this design turned out, it was pretty much exactly what I imagined in my head. It's simple, but still represents the song.





So that's all for today! Thanks for reading!

- Melissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx