Friday, February 19, 2016

Watercolour Sharpie Nail Art

Lately I've been seeing a lot of people using sharpies to create some cool watercolour looking designs and after seeing this video by Simply Nailogical a while ago I'd wanted to give it a go too. I didn't use any vinyls to create a pattern, I just did a simple two colour design as a sort of practice for this technique.


Essentially all you have to do is water down the sharpie ink with some rubbing alcohol. I scribbled the sharpies onto a plastic plate and mixed it with some rubbing alcohol antiseptic spray I had and used a brush to apply it to my nails. The brush wasn't the best and I was disappointed with how it distributed the ink but it's still a cool watercolour effect!



This is such an easy design if you want something quick to do that looks like you put a lot of effort into it. I'd love to get even better at this technique because there's some amazing designs out there that are done this way and I'm jealous of how they look.

That's all for today, thanks for reading!

- Melissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx